Over the summer I picked up a few cookies from a local farmers market. Those cookies were out of this world! I love pecans, and these were the best pecan cookies I’ve tried. So I decided to make a batch of healthy pecan cookies. The batch of pecan cookies I made were quite similar than the farmers market cookies, but healthier. There are only 4 ingredients and the dough is so good it’s hard to not eat it with a spoon.
Here’s the recipe:
Easy Healthy Pecan Cookies
- 5 dates (I used medjool)
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- ¼ tsp sea salt (use more if you like your cookies salty)
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Remove pits from dates (if they have any) and chop dates roughly
- Put the chopped dates along with the rest of the ingredients into a food processor and blend until it becomes a thick puree
- Spoon out cookie dough onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper
- Press down on each cookie to flatten them a bit
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until cooked through
- Cool on a wire rack before eating
Now you have the recipe to my 4 ingredient easy healthy pecan cookies. There is no reason why you can satisfy your sweet tooth now.