Is you kids on the move! Have they mastered crawling and is exploring the whole house. Have they found interest in opening all my cupboards. It is so much fun to see where they want to go and what they want to do when they have this independence. This means though, that toys are everywhere. Also, gone are the days when they would sit and watch you work in the kitchen (while entertaining with my singing and silly dancing).
Are you tired making baby finger foods and purees galore. If your kids are moving and crawling they are getting to the stage of eating chunkier foods. It is always fun to bake some healthy goodies for them to try. Let this recipe give you at least a minutes with some healthy, baby-friendly treats. These healthy kids muffins, a mini muffin that your little ones will enjoy. It is gluten-free, dairy-free and contains no refined sugars. There is some zucchini and carrots in them, for those picky toddlers who won’t eat veggies on their own. Also a tasty way to add an extra dose of veggies for big people
Give it a try if you have little ones and let me know what you think! Give it is try if you do not have little ones, these are delicious for all ages. Plus they have that vegetable serving in them
Healthy Kids Muffins
Makes about 36 mini muffins
- 2 bananas (overripe)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup carrots, grated
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup rice milk
- 6 tbsp butter or coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup zucchini, grated
- 1 ¾ cup brown rice flour
- ¼ cup tapioca starch
- 1/3 cup ground chia
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- Put bananas in a food processor to blend. Add eggs and continue to process. Then add carrots, maple syrup, rice milk, butter, zucchini, and chia and process well.
- Let mixture sit for 5 minutes
- In another bowl, stir together rice flour, tapioca, baking powder and baking soda and cinnamon.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix well
- Spoon batter into mini muffin cups and bake at 325F for about 25 minutes or until muffins are golden and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean
- Let cool and cut into smaller pieces if necessary before serving
If you enjoyed this recipes go to the healthy dessert recipes and try out more delicious healthy desserts for you and the family.